2018 Business Excellence Awards Rules and Regulations
There are 12 award categories, for which nominees can be either members in good standing of the Orléans Chamber of Commerce, or non-members, as long as they serve the Ottawa-East boundaries explained below. Nominees may only be nominated by a member in good standing of the Orléans Chamber of Commerce.
Four judges shall, without outside influence, evaluate the nominees and proceed with a pre-selection of finalists based on the specific criteria for the applicable award category.
Each application form will be evaluated by judges based on a scoring system that assesses Accomplishments, Level of Expertise, and Community Involvement.
The 4 judges will determine the winner of each of the categories.
For the purposes of the 2018 BEA Awards, Ottawa-East shall have the following boundaries: The Ottawa River to the north, up to and including Cumberland Village to the east, Highway 417 to the south, and Vanier Parkway–Riverside Drive to the west.
1. A chamber member can nominate a non-chamber member and a non-chamber member can nominate a chamber member. (non-members cannot nominate other non-members)
2. It is possible to be nominated in more than one category; however, a multi-category nominee may only win in one category.
4. Past nominees may not be nominated in a category in which they have won in the previous two years.
5. The Nominator must complete a nomination form to be received by the 2017-2018 Business Excellence Awards Committee no later than 11:59 PM on December 23, 2017.
6. The Nominator agrees to have the nomination form screened by the 2017-2018 Business Excellence Awards Committee.
7. The nominees must complete an application form and submit it to the 2017-2018 Business Excellence Awards Committee by the application deadlines.
8. The nominees accept, upon being nominated, that the decisions of the Business Excellence Awards are final and cannot be appealed. Four finalists shall be named per category.
9. A nominated person, business, or organization agrees to participate in the selection process established by the Committee, as described in point four above.
10. A nominee may not be replaced or represented by another party at any stage of the evaluation process.
11. The finalist must provide the 2017-2018 Business Excellence Awards Committee with all material necessary for publication. This material includes photos, logos, and a maximum 100-word text description of the nominated person, business, or organization. Note that this 100-word text may be edited.