To apply, please submit this form.
ORLÉANS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors is seeking applications from members of the Orléans Chamber of Commerce (the “Chamber”) interested in serving on the Board. As the governing body of the Chamber, the Board is responsible for managing the Chamber’s affairs, strategies, policies and programs in an effort to achieve the Chamber’s mission.
As provided for in the Chamber’s by-laws, the Board of Directors, consists of nine members elected by the membership. The Board of Directors is currently looking to fill three (3) positions.
The Board is looking to fill one (1) two-year term and two (2) one-year terms.
In order to be considered for nomination to the Board, a member must:
1. Be in good standing with the Chamber; and
2. Submit an application within the deadline established by the Nomination Committee.
We are looking for new Board members who:
1. - are results oriented team players;
2. - have marketing expertise
3. - have business acumen;
4. - have previous not-for-profit Board expertise;
5. - are leaders with a proven track record;
6. - have a desire to make a positive difference in the Orléans Chamber of Commerce;
7. - have initiative and good judgement.
A member cannot be a Director for more than eight (8) consecutive years.
Members are expected to assist the monthly Board meetings and participate (as a Chair or member) of at least one committee. The minimum commitment is 5 hours per month which represents the preparation and attendance at the meetings. Additional hours are expected and vary based on selected commitments.
In order to apply to be considered for election, members must prepare a short statement of interest (maximum of 250 words), include their picture and indicate if they are seeking a one (1) or two (2) year term. The completed statements are to be delivered to the Chamber’s office manager by e-mail to email@example.com with “Application for the Board of Directors” in the subject line no later than MIDNIGHT on JUNE 29th, 2018. The statement of interest will then in turn be posted on the Chamber’s website, allowing members to get familiar with the candidates seeking election.
NOMINATION COMMITTEE ROLE
The Nomination Committee is responsible for:
- receiving the applications from members;
- reviewing the applications for eligibility;